Medal of Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medal of Honor Unreal tournament 99

homeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inIRCDownloads

*TOP SECRET* pro settings!

Go down 
+8
FuZZykeuh
M0h|Sonic
Unabomber
UNrealshots
M0h|death
R0mEo\|
:J!
uNrl
12 posters
AuthorMessage
uNrl

*TOP SECRET* pro settings! Empty
PostSubject: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:59 pm

For all those players who wanna be pro Very Happy
Here is my ownage opengl render Smile
click
You also should set your mouse usb frequency to 1000 or 500 hz, and turn announcer sounds off. Then you'll hit better. Hidden weapon and screen flashes=false also preferable.

Also I need to know from every player here:

1. Sencetivity: hom much cm you need to move your mouse to do a 360 turn.
2. How much fov do you use.
3. Preferred position in iCTF/saCTF/comboCTF (1. Defender 2. Attack - Coverer 3. Flagrunner)
Write it here!
Back to top Go down
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm

hello uNrl!
whats special about this renderer?
Also, whats screen flashes? like the effect when you get hit? and where do i turn it off, user.ini?
And where can i see my mouse frequency?

now to your questions,
1) about 5-7cm
2) standart fov (90 or 100, not sure)
3) i play siege, combogib and bt.. i think im not that good in insta and dont know what saCTF is o.O ... anyway, preferred position is either attack or defense - dont care about that
Back to top Go down
R0mEo\|
M0h|Leader
M0h|Leader
R0mEo\|

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Nice uNrL .. thanks for that help! Smile
Back to top Go down
M0h|death
Killer
Killer
M0h|death

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 pm

good topic I love you
Back to top Go down
UNrealshots
Killer
Killer
UNrealshots

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

1.Shall not be revealed
2.Shall not be revealed.
3.Shall not be revealed.

king
Back to top Go down
Unabomber
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Are you disabling those specs for a higher framerate? I'm doing the opposite, tweaking the graphics to the highest detail possible.
Is there a command by the way to check your framerate?
My mouse is connected to the ps/2 port, but it's a crap mouse, have to get another one.
The announcer's voice is great and i like muzzle flashes.
Sidenote: Make sure your netspeed is 10000 otherwise it causes lag.
Back to top Go down
http://stumbleinn.net
M0h|Sonic
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
M0h|Sonic

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 pm

lul i dunno this stuff What a Face
Back to top Go down
FuZZykeuh
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Unabomber wrote:
Are you disabling those specs for a higher framerate? I'm doing the opposite, tweaking the graphics to the highest detail possible.
Is there a command by the way to check your framerate?
My mouse is connected to the ps/2 port, but it's a crap mouse, have to get another one.
The announcer's voice is great and i like muzzle flashes.
Sidenote: Make sure your netspeed is 10000 otherwise it causes lag.

In my humble opinion the best thing is to set the world graphics on the lowest so it looks like crap and very plain and bright. + High level characters textures so the characters pop out. If you use high level world the characters are sometimes camouflages cuz of all the colors of the world. So what i'm saying is, framerate has nothing to do with it for me, its just a mather of getting advantage by seeing ur opponents better.

You can check your framerate in UT by selecting Tools => show timedemo statistics. If you play ag ame then it will show the framerate.
You can use that or fraps.

Crap mouses are not always bad for playing (if they work well). I played my best games with a normal standard cheap logitech mouse. I have a G500 now doh :-P

If you have normal internet speed i would advice netspeed of 15000
Back to top Go down
Unabomber
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

Thx. And yes your'e right, it does help. But what i meant with my mouse, it's not running smoohtly (i have logitech optical wireless). It sometimes "jumps" around. if you have a default gamma setting and then playing curse, a red or teamless warmachine skin is almost invisible!
I have changed my settings a bit:
-Weapon is hidden instead of Right hand
-Red dot instead of green cross
-Turned off the blood & gore
-Put the gamma one level up
-Announcer volume is now 0
-Disabled auto-taunt

Weapon flash was already off. So any more tips? Switch off the decals and vertex lighting? Set lower detail? Should i mess with the resolution? Use another renderer? etc etc.
Back to top Go down
FuZZykeuh
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Well if you are asking my advice.. :-P Here is my opinion.

* Weapon hidden (cuz i always play instagib no use anyway)
* white or green dot. (works best on most maps imo, after many years of white i have changed to green lately cuz its something else and i found it wasnt worse then white i guess :-)
* decals off
* CORONAS off!!!
(change in user.ini, this is basic stuff really everyone should have :-P
* dynamic lighting = on (else you wont see the glow of the flagcarrier)
* brightness and gamma highest possible (lodbias is the best doh)
* announcer volume is on with me, it doesnt disturb me and i like it when he says momomomonsterkill Razz However i have put the sound volume and announcer volume lower then normal so i can hear teamspeak over the UT sounds :-]
* Music volume off (else you dont hear footsteps and respawns)
* Framerate: I dont know what you play on now. 1152x846 is my current resolution. I wouldnt change it too high. Chances are it wont run smoothly anymore cuz the game is not made for it (1999). Also Too high framerates (+- above 160?) are not good friends with this old game.
I used to run this game in D3D always. However, since i made my comeback some months ago i couldn't get UT to run smoothly on windows vista. Windows 7 was a little bit better but i still had huge framedrops. I installed XP again but to my surprise it was still not 100%!
Then i installed the opengl drivers (u need good ones or it will be crap) and ran the game with a fixed framerate. Its the best it has ever run :-) I could send you screenshot of how my UT looks if you are interested. From what i hear you havent had much experience with 1337 settings?? It might be interesting if i send you my ini if you know how to install it. You might be surprised :-] contact me on msn if interested.

As for the rest i dont have many more tips. Just maybe that sensitivity setting is not usefull to others. It all depends on the mouse you have and the drivers you use etc. I however would recommend to put mouse smoothing off (unless you still play wth a ball mouse). Put direct input on if your ut doesnt crash with it. And set your sensitivity so if you move your mouse from left to right you can make almost 2 full turns without having to lift you hand. Lower sens gives you more accuracy but in a fast paced game like UT its best to have it a bit higher so you can do 180° shots while jumping out of tower for instance. Without having to force yourself. Once you are comfortable with it i wouldn't change it too much since you will only get really really used to it after a cople of weeks. My personal taste is to have mouseacceleration forced off with my mouse software so i'm sure i have none. Reason is i want my crosshair to move the same distance when i move my mouse a certain distance slow or fast. Attention! I have found that some servers have certain files that change ur mousespeed. Not the setting but the actual speed. You can clear cache to prevent the file from tampering or you can set your sensitivity so it works with the annoying files, then you wont have the problem anymore.

And remember! Every shot is possible!! dont think you cant do it, just try, if you try a 100 times it will work 2 times, the next 100 times it will work 10times, and so on :-P

greetz FuZZy
Back to top Go down
Unabomber
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the tips, it's been very helpful.
Im using Direct3d i think, with 1024x768. Everything is on high detail and 32 bits colour depth. Mouse sensitivity is 5.2.
Im going to test some of the settings that you've given, and i'll give you an update.
But now it occurs to me that the game is going too fast, because of the higher framerate. Now i have to get used to THAT. Neutral
Back to top Go down
FuZZykeuh
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

i hope it runs smooth, good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[45noskills]
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:54 pm

i agree with fuzzy but if u guys are wanting good ini's to try just say so i got a few that arent fake and will work well,they are from good players.another thing is that u really need to set up ini to fit your computer so ur better off working on your own ini.ps. mouse speeds be careful with really fast sense it takes along time to get good with fast sense.better off working ur way up the sense level alittle at a time when u get used to it.any way good luck. peace out 45
Back to top Go down
[45noskills]
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm

BAN SHOTS FOR NOT GIVING ANY INFO LMAO LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
M0h|z0rX^mqe
M0h|Leader
M0h|Leader
M0h|z0rX^mqe

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:29 am

[45noskills] wrote:
i agree with fuzzy but if u guys are wanting good ini's to try just say so i got a few that arent fake and will work well,they are from good players.another thing is that u really need to set up ini to fit your computer so ur better off working on your own ini.ps. mouse speeds be careful with really fast sense it takes along time to get good with fast sense.better off working ur way up the sense level alittle at a time when u get used to it.any way good luck. peace out 45

yea can u send me one Smile do u have icq?
Back to top Go down
UNrealshots
Killer
Killer
UNrealshots

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 am

Iam a phantom 45.
Back to top Go down
Unabomber
Active
Active

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

There is a page where you can download some of the top players' ini's here:http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=UT99%20ini%20players/
Back to top Go down
Ra0h
Founder
Founder
Ra0h

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 am

Unabomber wrote:
There is a page where you can download some of the top players' ini's here:http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=UT99%20ini%20players/
yea this site is good for ut files too Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mohclan.hooxs.com
T.o.o.M
Active
Active
T.o.o.M

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

wow first time see it Surprised
Back to top Go down
Ra0h
Founder
Founder
Ra0h

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

you can get ut files [another site] www.ut-files.com
Back to top Go down
https://mohclan.hooxs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *TOP SECRET* pro settings!   *TOP SECRET* pro settings! Empty

Back to top Go down

*TOP SECRET* pro settings!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Medal of Honor :: M0h|Forum [Instagib]&[BunnyTrack] Clan :: M0h|Clan :: M0h|Forum [Instagib]&[BunnyTrack] Clan :: M0h|Instagib-
Jump to: